The mission of Longleaf Golf & Family Club is simple.
- Implement the best practices that make golf enjoyable, practical, and affordable to all members of the family, and
- Provide information about our successes to the rest of the golf world.
Golf, as a sport and as an industry, needs to be revitalized with an entrepreneurial spirit in areas it has been sorely lacking. Hundreds of studies and countless hours of analysis consistently reveal that there are basically two main impediments to growth: time and money. Our goal is to show that there are practical solutions to these challenges that others will find simple to implement.
The U.S. Kids Golf Foundation is the world’s leading expert in youth and beginner play. With our unmatched experience running kid's golf events, creating golf equipment for juniors, working with the nation’s top coaches for golf development and collecting extensive data on how youth golf affects the industry, we know that creating an environment that embraces and innovates family golf will be the growth and the anchor of the game we all love.
At Longleaf, you can expect that the pace of play will be fair and brisk, the course will be optimally designed to be both challenging and enjoyable, par will be attainable for all levels of play, and the facilities will be found in outstanding condition. The value you’ll receive for the price you pay will be excellent.
We will ensure this happens because:
- Longleaf scales the course yardages for every level of golfer. We employ a wide variety of teeing locations, and have U.S.G.A. handicap ratings at all seven tee complexes (for both genders).
- Our state-of-the-art practice facility not only offers opportunities to learn every skill needed, but makes practice immersive and fun.
- Proper equipment helps every player play the game to the best of their ability. To that end, rental clubs precisely fit for both youth and ladies are always available.
- Longleaf will be home to the U.S. Kids Golf Academy, the preeminent learning center for youth and family programs, as well as every level of golfer. This will be a hub for the top golf coaches in the world to visit and share best practices.
- Daily-fee, membership, and junior rates are available that are not only affordable and fair but provide incentive to play golf together as a family.
Longleaf will be the nerve center in golf’s most important campaign to serve all members of the family. At Longleaf, every person—regardless of age, gender, or skill level—will be served with a path into the game. We can provide that direction through the generation of ideas, energy, and dedication that come out of our work over the last 20 years and will continue forward for years to come. Come and see.
The entrepreneurial spirit of the U.S. Kids Golf Foundation mission is alive at Longleaf.